Friday, February 26, 2010

FEBRUARY MEDIA MEDITATION


ANTIARTCO.



Photo of Irina
JAPAN
Art by SA





PHILADELPHIA
CHINA TOWN
ART BY SA


Graffiti Project
By SA


I am currently working on a few projects of my own in the media field. There is music and paintings being put together on and off. I have been taking photos and doing some editing myself.




Photo of Asian Garden
Montreal, Canada




THIS MONTH HAS BEEN BUSY FOR ME, I AM BETWEEN A FEW DIFFERENT PROJECTS.
Some of the techniques I use in my projects are angling to catch the right aspect of the subject of art or photo, then some editing effects to boost certain details in the photos to bring out the idea I am trying to send to the viewer. There is a lot of multiple layering in the artwork a technique that can have great visual effects. Sometimes I will use the most basic and simplest technique in production, not everything has to be overdone all of the time. The use of symbols is used in some of these pictures, you can see the stars, guns, and other symbols. They are there to represent and express an idea, but ultimately the viewer sees the art their own way based on their interpretation. It may not be what I am trying to express. That is how art works. A viewer may see the use of scapegoating in the art with the symbolism, like maybe the communist have to much control or the weapons represent violence. I let the decision up to the thoughts of the viewers. It could all be a big lie, who knows? Or maybe its a bandwagon? I think there is some of the straw man represented in the art. I experience a lot of the economic shift by doing all these projects and see little return for all the effort, where are the trade-offs? A person looking at this art might find a value message or emotional transfer. I would hope that people enjoy the art and it will have a positive effect on them.

1 comment:

  1. GOOD m.m., Ben.

    I really like your art texts here - is it OK for you to comment critically on your OWN work using our 4 power tool sets?

    Or might it be better to select a neutral objective text to critique?

    Just a question...

    Dr. W

    ReplyDelete